|“8Ps” of Strategy||Opportunity|
|Recommended Leverage Points|
|Position||- The farmers, individual and corporate, that you are targeting.|
- The need of the agricultural industry that you seek to fill.
|3||- What technologies do you control that can help you tap into market
segments that you previously thought unreachable?
- What are the potential business alliances you could think about with key players in the segment to serve your customers with integrated solutions? (Serving customers with more integrated solutions example: serving farmers with fertilizers, crop protection and other).
|Product||- The products you offer, and the characteristics that affect their value to customers.|
- The technology you develop for producing those products.
|8||- What moves are your organization taking to implement Big Data and analytics to your operations? What IoT and blockchain applications can you use?
- What tools and technology could you utilize or develop to improve food quality, traceability, and
- How can you develop a more sustainable production model to accommodate constraints on arable
- What is the future business model needed to serve new differentiated products to your customers?
|Promotion||- How you connect with farmers and consumers across a variety of locations and industries.|
- How to make consumers, producers, and other stakeholders aware of your products and services.
|8||- How are you connecting your product with individual and corporate farms who could utilize it?
- How could you anticipate market and customer needs to make customers interested in accessing your differentiated products?
|Price||How consumers and other members of the agricultural supply chain pay for access to agricultural products.||7||- What elements of value comprise your pricing? How do each of those elements satisfy the varying needs of your customers?|
|Placement||- How food products reach consumers. How the technologies, data, and services reach stakeholders in the supply chain.||9||- What new paths might exist for helping consumers access the food they desire?
- How are you adapting your operations and supply chain to accommodate consumers’ desire for proximity to the food they eat?
- How could you anticipate customer expectation to make products more
accessible to customers/agile supply chain?
- Have you considered urbanization as a part of your growth strategy?
|- How your food satisfies the needs and desires of your customer.|
- How the services you provide to agribusiness fulfill their needs.
|9||- Where does your food rate on a taste, appearance, and freshness
- Could the services you provide to companies and farms in the agriculture industry be expanded to meet more needs?
- What senses does your food affect besides hunger? How does your
customer extract value from your food in addition to consumption?
|Processes||- Guiding your food production operations in a manner cognizant of social pressure.||8||- How can you manage the supply chain differently to improve traceability and reduce waste?
- How can you innovate systems in production, processing, storing, shipping, retailing, etc.?
- What are new capabilities to increase sustainability (impact on the environment, or ESG) components?
|People||- The choices you make regarding hiring, organizing, and incentivizing your people and your culture.||- How are you leveraging the agricultural experience of your staff bottom-up to achieve your vision?
- How do you anticipate new organizational capabilities needed to perform your future strategy (innovation, exponential technologies needed, agile customer relationship, innovative supply chain)?
- How do you manage your talents to assure suitable development with exposure in the agrifood main challenges/allowing a more sustainable view of the opportunities/cross-sectors?