IN-OVATE Workshop Turn Employees Into Intrapreneurs
This framework and toolkit turns employees into Intrapreneurs. Enable your people to more effectively identify, test, incubate and kill or scale ideas to create value. Based on Kaihan Krippendorff’s book Driving Innovation from Within: A Guide for Internal Entrepeneurs, it encapsulates a multi-year study, including analysis of over 300 companies and interviews of 150 internal innovators, into a practical set of tools for overcoming the seven most common barriers to driving growth through organic innovation (incremental and transformational) and creating an entrepreneurial mindset in employees.
What is it?
The IN-OVATE workshop helps companies unlock their employees as a source of innovative growth options by arming them with the skills, tools, and mindset to innovate on a continual basis. The only remaining source of true competitive advantage, employee-led innovation is of paramount importance to organizational survival. This workshop lays out a set of practical tools and frameworks for activating innovation from within any established organization.
- Intent: Can you activate your employees to have the intent to innovate?
- Need: Do you understand what the market needs, what the organization needs, and your organization’s strategy?
- Options: Are you able to create lots of exciting options (i.e., do you have the creative capacity to generate ideas for innovation)?
- Value blockers: Are you able to overcome value blockers if the new idea conflicts with your current business model?
- Act: Can you take action and experiment or prototype your ideas?
- Team: Can you assemble a cross-functional team that has the right attributes needed to ramp up the innovation quickly?
- Environment: Can you manage environmental factors (leadership, culture, structure, and talent)?
Why do you need it?
The level of performance and improvement needed today is unprecedented. To survive and outperform the competition, companies need to unlock the value of the ideas within their employees. They must create a culture of innovation and formally teach the skills, tools, and frameworks that individuals need to experiment, incubate, and grow incremental and transformational innovation growth options.
When leaders and their teams, individually and collectively, improve their ability and the speed at which they are able to experiment and innovate, it creates bottom-line growth, leads to increased employee engagement, drives share-price, and most importantly protects the organization from becoming the next Kodak, Blockbuster, or BlackBerry.
Empowered employees that feel personal ownership and agency over their role in achieving your organization’s vision of the future by giving them a common language, set of tools, skills and processes
A selling point for attracting top talent that also strengthens your reputation as a great place to work
A community of cross-functional individuals actively collaborating to drive innovation, growth and business excellence
A robust pipeline of innovative ideas to drive growth and efficiency for the core business, while simultaneously developing new value streams for the future
Equip individuals with cutting-edge knowledge and tools informed by Outthinkers’ unique access to world-leading thinkers (e.g., Harvard Business School, Wharton Business School, London Business School, Columbia Business School, INSEAD).